From Gerry Keysor
A couple of brief rain showers werent enough to slow the action at Limaland Motorsports Park on Friday night as the bleachers were packed for the rescheduled 17th Annual Run for the Rabbit, honoring the late Travis “The Rabbit” Miller. Dustin Daggett would grab the win in the 25 lap NRA Sprint A Main, with Randy Lines picking up the UMP Modified feature win, and Bob Daugherty snagging the Thunderstock A Main.
Kicking off the nights racing action was the weekly McDonald’s Dash for Cash, which featured the Bud Thunderstocks this week. UNOH Racer Justin Hamilton of Lake Helen, Florida grabbed the win in the winner take all dash sponsored by the Lewis Family McDonalds of Lima and Allen County.
In feature action, the K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders would hit the track first in the 17th edition of the Run for the Rabbit. Drama ensued before the green flag flew with NRA points leader No 17 Jared Horstman’s car dumping fluid on the race track. After attempting repairs in the work area, Horstman refired his car only to still have the problem, ending his night. After 3 tries, the race finally got underway with No. 22H Randy Hannagan grabbing the early race lead. Hannagan seemed to be in control of the race until the last 10 laps, as No. 85 Dustin Daggett began his charge to the front, culminating with a turn 4 slide job to grab the lead for good on lap 20. Hannagan would finish 2nd, with No. 6s JR Stewart finishing 3rd, No 10 Mitch Brown 4th, and No 1-10 Jake Brown completing the top 5. Heat races were won by Jake Brown, Hannagan, and Stewart.
Next up were the K&N Filters UMP Modifieds in their 20 lap feature event. No 33 Jordan Conover and No 18L Randy Lines would bring the field to green with Lines charging to the early lead over No 65 Todd Sherman. On lap 9, No 36L Jamie Lomax started moving forward making his way past No 22T Tony Anderson for 3rd, then getting by Sherman on lap 16. Lomax would run out of time as Lines would lead from wire to wire in a green-to-checkered 20 lap A Main over Lomax, Sherman, Anderson, and No 95J Jerry Bowersock. Heat races were won by Lines, Conover, and Sherman.
Completing the nights racing action were the Bud Thunderstocks in their 15 lap A Main. No. 11D Bob Daugherty and No 22T Tony Anderson would lead the field to the green flag, and stay side by side for the first 3 laps, before Daugherty would clear the defending track champions car for the lead. Daugherty would only be slowed by cautions on laps 4 and 11, and woulds cruise to the win over No 26 Justin Long, Anderson, No 15 Daniel Sanchez, and No 82 Chris Douglas. Heat races were won by Anderson, Daugherty, and Sanchez.
Limaland Motorsports Park is back in action next Friday night August 4th when the University of Northwestern Ohio presents the 20th Annual Limaland Season Points Championships. Points champions will be determined in the K&N Filters UMP Modifieds and Bud Thunderstocks, and joining the fun will be the always exciting Mini Sprints. Full details on this and all the exciting events at Limala nd can be found at limaland.com
Limaland Motorsports Park – 7/28/2017
Lima Chevrolet & Cadillac Run for the Rabbit XVII
K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprints
1. 49-Shawn Dancer, 11.472; 2. 17-Jared Horstman, 11.496; 3. 49T-Greg Dalman, 11.530; 4. 10-Mitch Brown, 11.574; 5. 23-Devon Dobie, 11.589; 6. 28-Phil Gressman, 11.599; 7. 110-Jake Brown, 11.642; 8. 22H-Randy Hannagan, 11.681; 9. 6S-Jr Stewart, 11.713; 10. 10J-Jarrod Delong, 11.723; 11. 85-Dustin Daggett, 11.741; 12. 15-Brandon Ferguson, 11.769; 13. 11-Tim Allison, 11.791; 14. 11R-Chase Ridenour, 11.801; 15. 35-Ronnie Blair, 11.813; 16. 23G-Joe Geibe, 11.901; 17. 57-Noah Dunlap, 11.918; 18. 22A-Aaron Robnolte, 11.954; 19. 5W-Jeff Williams, 11.965; 20. 11N-Ed Neumeister, 12.028; 21. 7Z-Zach Hampton, 12.049; 22. 84-Kyle Poortenga, 12.296; 23. 12R-Nick Roberts, 12.382
Heat 1 – (8 Laps – Top 8 Transfer)
1. 110-Jake Brown; 2. 10-Mitch Brown; 3. 49-Shawn Dancer; 4. 11-Tim Allison; 5. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 6. 23G-Joe Geibe; 7. 84-Kyle Poortenga; 8. 5W-Jeff Williams
Heat 2 – (8 Laps – Top 8 Transfer)
1. 22H-Randy Hannagan; 2. 17-Jared Horstman; 3. 85-Dustin Daggett; 4. 23-Devon Dobie; 5. 11R-Chase Ridenour; 6. 12R-Nick Roberts; 7. 57-Noah Dunlap; 8. 11N-Ed Neumeister
Heat 3 – (8 Laps – Top 8 Transfer)
1. 6S-Jr Stewart; 2. 28-Phil Gressman; 3. 49T-Greg Dalmn; 4. 35-Ronnie Blair; 5. 15-Brandon Ferguson; 6. 7Z-Zach Hampton; 7. 22A-Aaron Robnolte
A-Main – (25 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
1. 85-Dustin Daggett; 2. 22H-Randy Hannagan; 3. 6S-Jr Stewart; 4. 10-Mitch Brown; 5. 110-Jake Brown; 6. 28-Phil Gressman; 7. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 8. 11-Tim Allison; 9. 23-Devon Dobie; 10. 5W-Jeff Williams; 11. 49T-Greg Dalmn; 12. 35-Ronnie Blair; 13. 12R-Nick Roberts; 14. 11N-Ed Neumeister; 15. 84-Kyle Poortenga; 16. 23G-Joe Geibe; 17. 22A-Aaron Robnolte; 18. 49-Shawn Dancer; 19. 11R-Chase Ridenour; 20. 15-Brandon Ferguson; 21. 7Z-Zach Hampton; 22. 57-Noah Dunlap