From Bob Fricke
Friday night, May 11, Limaland Motorsports Park fans will be treated with a pre-race autograph session with the drivers, an extra 25 lap feature race for the NRA Sprints, and NASCAR driver Ty Dillon will be battling in the K & N Modifieds. The Bud Thunderstocks will also be in action on the high banks.
Gates open at 5:00 p.m. with hot laps beginning at 6:30 p.m. The autograph session will begin at 7:20 pm in front of the main grandstands. At the conclusion of the autograph session, the 25 lap NRA feature race from April 20 will take the track with a complete show for all divisions to follow.
All the latest news and information about America’s premier quarter-mile dirt track, can be found at www.limaland.com
* Driver, No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet Silverado
* Date of Birth: 2/27/1992
* Hometown: Welcome, N.C.
* Residence: Welcome, N.C.
* Marital Status: Single
* Twitter: @RCR3TDillon
* Hobbies: Dirt Racing, Hunting, Fishing, Dirt Bike Riding
· In 2012, Ty Dillon embarks on his first full season of competition in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet utilizing his 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards crew chief Scott Naset.
· He made three NCWTS starts in 2011, earning a career-best third-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway among two top-10 finishes.
· Dillon was crowned the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Champion en route to seven wins, seven poles, 13 top-five and 16 top-10 finishes.
· In 2011, Dillon competed in his first full season of ARCA competition in the No. 41 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet with rookie crew chief Scott Naset.
· The No. 41 on the side of Dillon’s Chevrolet was specially chosen by the young driver because his grandfather, legendary NASCAR car owner Richard Childress, raced the number at Bowman Grey Stadium in Winston-Salem, N.C. during his years as a driver. Childress’ original No. 41 is currently on display at the RCR Museum in Welcome, N.C.
Ty also won the overall UNOH DIRTcar Nationals points championship during the 2012 Florida Speedweek.