From St. Croix Raceway
January 21, 2010, St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin
After running a truncated schedule in 2011, officials at St. Croix Valley Raceway are putting the finishing touches on a full, summer-long 2012 campaign. Returning for 2012, the weekly card will again feature UMSS Traditional (non-winged) sprints, micros sprints, Pure Stocks and Future IVs. Midwest Modifieds are back as well, in 2012 running under the WISSOTA banner.
The expanded 2012 schedule offers something for everyone in the family. Track co-owner Ron Bernhagen stated, “our goal is not only to be a premier race track, but also a first-class entertainment venue for the whole family.” Events scheduled for this summer include the Fireworks Spectacular on July 6th, as well as trailer races (June 15) and a stunt-filled Crash-a-rama and School Bus races on August 17th.
Bernhagen and raceway co-owner Rick Mastell persist in their tireless efforts to grow the facility into a premier family entertainment destination for the communities of the scenic St. Croix River valley. The transformation of the track’s infrastructure is on-going. Extensive clay work commenced at the end of the 2011 season that included the removal of several rocks from the track, completely re-shaping the infield and track drainage system, and the removal of the old catch fence. Improved lighting and new fencing are just two of the off-season improvements that will be evident during the upcoming season.
The track, quickly becoming a mini-Mecca for open wheel racing fans, includes the following 2012 highlights:
· Season opener, May 11
· “Thunder in the Valley” featuring UMSS 360 winged sprint cars, May 25, June 29 and August 24.
· The Traditional 40, a 40-lap feature event for the UMSS Traditional Sprints on June 8th.
· The first annual Kouba Memorial/Open Wheel Nationals. Five open wheel classes will compete – UMSS 360 Sprints, UMSS Traditional Sprints, UMSS Micro Sprints, WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds and WISSOTA Modifieds on June 29th.
· The Bumper-to-Bumper IRA 410 Outlaw Sprint Series on July 27th.
· The two-night, two complete show Badger State Championships on September 21st and 22nd.
More details, directions to the track, and the most up-to-date schedule information can be found on the track’s website, www.SCVRaceway.com, and fans can also follow the track on Facebook.