Patriots Washed Out at Glen Ridge

Patriot Sprint Tour Logo

Patriot Sprint TourFrom Rich Vleck

Rochester, NY — (April 26, 2012) — As great as the weather has been for much of the spring, this past week made racing at Glen Ridge this Friday an impossibility.

The inaugural visit for the Patriot Sprint Tour to the Glen Ridge Motorsports Park was postponed today due to extremely wet conditions on the Fultonville grounds. Everything from the pits, to the ¼-mile oval and even the parking lot would not be in acceptable condition for an event tomorrow. To add to the list of issues, the forecast for race night was also calling for rain with cold temperatures and windy conditions.

What was supposed to be the second race of the 10th season of Patriot racing had an impressive contingent of competitors committed or expected for this Friday, but most of them will have to wait until a later date to return or debut at Glen Ridge.

A new date for the PST is now in the works, with an announcement expected shortly. In the meantime, the focus now shifts to the Black Rock Speedway for next Friday, May 4, where the PST will join forces with the United Racing Company for the Insinger Spring Sprint Nationals.

For more information, visit