FREMONT, Ohio – Fremont Speedway will wrap up the 2015 season with the annual awards banquet on Saturday, Dec. 5 at the Fremont American Legion Post, 2000 Buckland Ave., Fremont. The top 10 in points in all four divisions will receive awards. Also, the Kistler Racing Products Fremont Attica Sprint Title (FAST) Championship Presented by KS Sales and Service, and the JLH General Contractor FAST 305 Championship Series Presented by Engine Pro will honor the top 10 in points.
Doors will open at the Legion at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the awards to follow. Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased by calling the track phone at 419-333-0478 or 419-332-3478. Drivers need to be present in order to receive their point fund money. Tickets must be purchased by Nov. 27. Fremont Speedway and FAST Promoter Rich Farmer will have tickets available at the Saturday, Oct. 24 Racers Swap Meet at the Sandusky County Fairgrounds.
Drivers honored in the top 10 in points in the Fort Ball Pizza Palace 410 Sprints are: 1. Byron Reed; 2. Cap Henry; 3. Chris Andrews; 4. Dean Jacobs; 5. Stuart Brubaker; 6. Nate Dussel; 7. Broc Martin; 8. Brian Smith; 9. Tyler Gunn; 10. Craig Mintz. Dussel will also be honored as the division Rookie of the Year.
Drivers honored in the top 10 in points in the Fremont Federal Credit Union 305 Sprints are: 1. Bobby Clark; 2. John Ivy; 3. Alvin Roepke; 4. Steve Rando; 5. Kyle Capodice; 6. Seth Schneider; 7. Jamie miller; 8. Brandon Moore; 9. Paul Waver; 10. Jordan Ryan. Kyle Farmer will be honored as the division Rookie of the Year.
Drivers honored in the AAA Ohio Auto Club Dirt Trucks are: 1. Kent Brewer; 2. Matt Foos; 3. Cory Ward; 4. Cory McCaughey; 5. Brad Mitten; 6. Keith Sorg; 7. Dustin Keegan; 8. Jeff Ward; 9. Dana Frey; 10. Eric Devanna.
Drivers honored in the McCullough Industries 602 Late Models are: 1. Dustin Sautter; 2. Dale Cole; 3. Tim Sabo; 4. Chester Fitch; 5. Dustin Keegan; 6. Steve Sabo; 7. Jeff Hites; 8. Ky Harper; 9. Brandon Perkins; 10. Jamie Miller.
Drivers to be honored in the FAST 410 sprints are: 1. Byron Reed; 2. Craig Mintz; 3. Cap Henry; 4. Dean Jacobs; 5. Chris Andrews; 6. Stuart Brubaker; 7. Nate Dussel; 8. Broc Martin; 9. Tyler Gunn; 10. Duane Zablocki. Dussel will be honored as the FAST rookie of the year.
Drivers to be honored in the FAST 305 sprints are. 1. Bobby Clark; 2. Jordan Ryan; 3. Steve Rando; 4. Alvin Roepke; 5. John Ivy; 6. Ricky Peterson; 7. Jamie Miller; 8. Kyle Capodice; 9. Seth Schneider; 10. Jason Keckler. Jerry Dahms will be honored as the FAST 305 sprint rookie of the year.
Also, Fremont Speedway is looking for several workers for the 2016 season. Anyone interested in any of the following positions should contact Rich Farmer at 419-307-4241:
- IT coordinator: would be responsible for operating the track’s electronic scoreboard and handling social media posts
- Back-up scorer and line-up creator – responsible for hand-scoring as back up to electronic scoring; creating and disseminating race night line-ups
- Head flagman – responsible for flagging all events
- Track photographer – responsible for taking photos of all racing events and associated events at the track.
- Ticket takers – will take tickets at the gates each race events and hand out pass out checks and check coolers
- Merchandise sales – manning the merchandise booth
- Tech inspector – responsible for checking all race divisions to make sure they are within compliance of track rules.