From Top Gun
The Top Gun Sprints made their seventh visit of 2012 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday August 4, 2012. There were 19 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Tyler Godwin in the 38T car had the pole with Tim Grubaugh in the 5 on the outside for the start of the SALDANA heat race. Tyler took the lead on the start and the win. The 24 of Stephen Darvalic had the pole for the SCORPION heat race, with Andrew Griffin in the 88 car on the outside. On the start Stephen took the lead and never looked back and took the win. Robbie Smith in the 6S car had the pole with Rich Alexander in the 8 for the start of the SHOCK DYNO heat race. Robbie took the lead and the heat win.
The 6S of Robbie Smith had the pole for the start of the SIMPSON feature race event, with the 24 of Stephen Darvalics alongside. After a parade lap, Robbie that took the lead till lap 3 when Robbie spun after a yellow flag, that gave the lead to the 38T of Tyler Godwin. On the restart the 38T of Tyler Godwin would hold on to the lead and take the checkered flag, followed by A J Maddox in the 3A car, Danny Martin in the 82 car, Matt Kurtz in the 92 car and Stephen Darvalics in the 24 car rounding out the top 5. After going across scales at tech Tyler Godwin was to lite and was declared DQ. The win went to A J Maddox.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Bubba Raceway Park for the August 18, 2012 race. Congratulations go out to Matt Kurtz for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award. Congratulations go out to Wayne Conley winner of the K&N certificates.
Top Gun Sprints
Bubba Raceway Park, August 4, 2012
Saldana Heat #1
1) 38T Tyler Godwin (Tampa, FL)
2) 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
3) 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
4) 12 Colin Cabre (Thonotosassa, FL)
5) 0L Brandon Lineberger (Ocala, FL)
6) 5 Tim Grubaugh (Anthony, FL)
7) 79 David Slawiak (Seffner, FL)
Scorpion Heat #2
1) 24 Stephen Darvalic (Venice, FL)
2) 3A A.J. Maddox (Brandon, FL)
3) 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
4) 88 Andrew Griffin (Seminole, FL)
5) G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
6) 0X Phillip Pettay (Glen St. Mary, FL)
Shock Dyno Heat #3
1) 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
2) 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
3) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
4) 88K Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL)
5) 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
6) 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
1)3A A J Maddox; 2) 82 Danny Martin; 3) 92 Matt Kurtz; 4) 24 Stephen Darvalic; 5) 12 Colin Cabre; 6) 22 Shawn Murray; 7) 38 Tony Agin; 8) 14 Ryan Partin; 9) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 10) 5 Tim Grubaugh; 11) 88 Andrew Griffin; 12) 88K Shane Kreidler; 13) 79 David Slawiak; 14) 0X Phillip Pettay; 15) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 16) 6S Robbie Smith; 17) 8 Rich Alexander; 18) 0L Brandon Lineberger; 19) 38T Tyler Godwin; DQ