From Top Gun
The Top Gun Sprints made their fourth visit of 2011 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday October 15, 2011. There were 20 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Sport Allen in the 81 car had the pole with Shawn Murray in the 98 on the outside for the start of the SIMPSON heat race. On the start Sport took the lead and never looked back and was the winner. The 1* of Tim George had the pole for the ROD END SUPPLY heat race, with Gene Lasker in the 02 car on the outside. On the start Tim spun in turn one and the 8 of Rich Alexander hit Tim and broke the steering rod. Tim was restarted, on lap 2 the 6 of Troy DeCaire spun and was restarted. The leader of Gene Lasker on lap 5 came to a stop in turn 4 and he was also restarted that gave the lead to Mark Ruel Jr. and took the second heat win. Jimmy Balew Jr. in the 0 car had the pole with Robbie Smith in the 6S for the start of the WELD RACING heat race. It was Robbie Smith in the 6S that took the lead and the heat win.
The 1* of Tim George had the pole for the start of the K&N feature race event, with the 24 of Danny Martin alongside. After a parade lap, the 6 of Troy Decaire stopped on the front stretch with blowed motor. Race went to green and it was Kurt Taylor in the 3K car flipped down the back stretch into the fence that brought out the red, he was ok but car not so. After clean-up and a complete restart it was Danny Martin took the lead. Then 98 and 3A tangled coming out of turn 4 and flipped in fence on lap 11 with another red. On the restart it was Danny Martin out front and never looked backed and took the checkered flag, followed by Robbie Smith in the 6S car, Sport Allen in the 81 car, Tim George in the 1* car and Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Bubba Raceway Park October 22, 2011 for the second of the non-wing race. Congratulation goes out to Travis Bliemeister for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award.
Top Gun Sprints
Bubba Raceway Park, October 15, 2011
Simpson Heat #1
1) 81 Sport Allen (Pinellas Park, FL)
2) 12 Collin Cabre (Thonotosassa, FL)
3) 3K Kurt Taylor (Brandon, FL)
4) 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
5) 98 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
6) 9 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
7) 19 Brandon Lineberger (Ocala, FL) DNS
Rod End Supply Heat #2
1) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
2) 1* Tim George (Venice, FL)
3) 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL)
4) 6 Troy DeCaire (Tampa, FL)
5) 59 Dan Statter (Deltona, FL)
6) 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
7) 0X Phillip Pettay (Glen St. Mary, FL) DNS
Weld Racing Heat #3
1) 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
2) 24 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
3) 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
4) 3A A.J. Maddox (Brandon, FL)
5) 0 Jimmy Ballew Jr. (Riverveiw, FL)
6) 3 Travis Bliemeister (Nokomis, FL)
1) 24 Danny Martin; 2) 6S Robbie Smith; 3) 81 Sport Allen; 4) 1* Tim George; 5) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 6) 14 Ryan Partin; 7) 12 Collin Cabre; 8) 0 Jimmy Ballew Jr.; 9) 92 Matt Kurtz; 10) 3 Travis Bliemeister; 11) 9 Brandon Grubaugh; 12) 02 Gene Lasker; 13) 59 Dan Statter; 14) 98 Shawn Murray; 15) 3A A.J. Maddox; 16) 8 Rich Alexander; 17) 3K Kurt Taylor; 18) 19 Brandon Lineberger; 19) 6 Troy DeCaire; 20) 0X Phillip Pettay DNS