By Bob Buffenbarger, Mike Campbell photo
Lima, OH. – (28 May, 2010) –
Luke Hall and Jeff Williams started on the front row and Hall led all 25 laps of the NRA/Engine Pro ACSC Sprints on Dirt feature at Limaland Motorsports Park Friday night in front of a large crowd on a summer like evening to kick off the three day co sanctioned event in Ohio, but it was not easy. Williams fell in line in 2nd with Tim Hunter, JR Stewart and Kyle Sauder in tow with five laps in.
Butch Schroeder was quickly making up ground after starting 13th and by lap eleven had moved into 5th. Lap eleven saw the red flag appear for a two car flip on the front strecth involving Tim Hunter and John Kettlewell. Both drivers were uninjured. When the green came back out the running order was Hall, Williams, Sauder, Stewart, Tim Allison on the prowl from 17th and Mike Dussel.
At the 20 lap mark things were getting dicey with several cars making a charge towards the front. Hall was still leading but Sauder, Stewart, Schroeder and Dussel had their sights on the 34 of Hall. As the white appeared, Stewart was charging around the bottom side and coming out of turn four it looked as if he would make the pass, but Luke Hall was up to the task and held on for the victory,
Heats for the outstanding 42 car field were won by JR Stewart, Kent Wolters, Kyle Sauder and Tim Hunter. The first B main went to Tim Allison while Todd Heuerman captured the second B main. The #26 of Rodney Hurst brought out the red in the 2nd B after riding the turn four wall and turning over. He was ok.
The Engine Pro ASCS Sprints on Dirt presented by ARP is in its 30th season of competition. Twenty-two point paying races are on the calendar with three special non-point races making up the 25 event schedule contested throughout Michigan, Ohio, and into Canada.
The American Sprint Car Series, in its 18th year of sanctioning Sprint Car racing events, brings the best of Sprint Car racing to nearly 100 different tracks throughout 25 states and Canada in 2009. Anchored by the Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Dirt Series presented by K&N Filters, ASCS also consists of a dozen different Regions throughout the nation.
Additional information regarding the American Sprint Car Series is available at www.ascsracing.com
Engine Pro ASCS Sprints on Dirt presented by ARP Results
28 May, 2010
Limaland Motorsports Park Lima,Oh
Heat Races (Top 4 Finishers Transfer to the “A” Feature)
Engler Machine and Tool Heat Race #1 (8 Laps):
1. 6S-Jr Stewart; 2. 6-Mike Dussel; 3. 17-Jared Horstman; 4. B20-Butch Schroeder; 5. 11-Tim Allison; 6. 27K-Ryan Kirkendall; 7. 35-Ron Blair; 8. 2-Brent Gehr; 9. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 10. 24B-Mike Burkin; 11. 21-Traviis Hery
Lane Automotive/Comp Cams Heat Race #2 (8 Laps):
1. 1W-Kent Wolters; 2. 23-Ben Rutan; 3. 27R-Ryan Ruhl; 4. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 5. 6N-Dain Naida; 6. 2H-Dallas Hewitt; 7. 4B-Andrew Bowsher; 8. 48-Tommy Kerce; 9. 4J-Bob Gehr Jr.; 10. 49T-Greg Dalman; 11. 97-Dean Jacobs
Butlerbuilt Heat Race #3 (8 Laps):
1. 7K-Kyle Sauder; 2. 34-Luke Hall; 3. 28H-Hud Horton; 4. 1K-John Kettlewell; 5. 26-Rodney Hurst; 6. 18-Todd Heuerman; 7. OO-Ryan Grubaugh; 8. 46-Robert Huisken; 9. 40-Bobby Clark; 10. 187-Gavin Hunyady
Hoosier Racing Tire Heat Race #4 (8 Laps):
1. 7C-Tim Hunter; 2. 5W-Jeff Williams; 3. 22D-Dennis Yoakam; 4. 5I-Jamie Miller; 5. 10-Pete Ischi; 6. 24-Jermey Keegan; 7. 47R-Eric Riggins; 8. 2M-Ethan Hoy; 9. 32M-Derek Hastings; 10. 57-Mike Dunlap
Engine Pro “B” Features (Top 2 Finishers Transfer to the “A” Feature):
“B#1” Feature (10 Laps):
1. 11-Tim Allison; 2. 6N-Dain Naida; 3. 35-Ron Blair; 4. 2H-Dallas Hewitt; 5. 4B-Andrew Bowsher; 6. 24B-Mike Burkin; 7. 49T-Greg Dalman; 8. 48-Tommy Kerce; 9. 27K-Ryan Kirkendall; 10. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 11. 4J-Bob Gehr Jr.; 12. 2-Brent Gehr; 13. 21-Traviis Hery; 14. 97-Dean Jacobs
“B#1” Feature (10 Laps):
1. 18-Todd Heuerman; 2. OO-Ryan Grubaugh; 3. 10-Pete Ischi; 4. 46-Robert Huisken; 5. 47R-Eric Riggins; 6. 24-Jermey Keegan; 7. 187-Gavin Hunyady; 8. 2M-Ethan Hoy; 9. 26-Rodney Hurst; 10. 57-Mike Dunlap; 11. 40-Bobby Clark; 12. 32M-Derek Hastings
Engine Pro ASCS Sprints on Dirt presented by Victor Reinz “A” Main Event
“A” Feature (25Laps):
A-Main – (25 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
1. 34-Luke Hall; 2. 6S-Jr Stewart; 3. 7K-Kyle Sauder; 4. B20-Butch Schroeder; 5. 6-Mike Dussel; 6. 11-Tim Allison; 7. 18-Todd Heuerman; 8. 22D-Dennis Yoakam; 9. 5W-Jeff Williams; 10. 28H-Hud Horton; 11. 6N-Dain Naida; 12. 27R-Ryan Ruhl; 13. 1W-Kent Wolters; 14. 23-Ben Rutan; 15. OO-Ryan Grubaugh; 16. 17-Jared Horstman; 17. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 18. 7C-Tim Hunter; 19. 1K-John Kettlewell; 20. 5I-Jamie Miller