From Lernerville Speedway, image courtesy of Rick Rarer
The Mid-Season Championships were settled Friday Night as Kevin Bolland (Diehl Auto Group DIRTcar Modifieds), Ed Lynch Jr. (Ti22 Performance DIRTcar Sprints), Dave Hess Jr. (DIRTcar Late Models) and Chris Schneider (Charapp Route 28 DIRTcar Sportsman) claimed Feature wins.
The Ti22 Performance DIRTcar Sprints pushed off second with All Time Sprint Wins leader Ed Lynch Jr. on the pole. He took the lead at the drop of the green flag and started his quest to lap the entire field. When the checkered flag waved, he had put everyone except the top six a lap down as he dominated the 25-lap feature and secured a track provisional for the Don Martin Memorial Silver Cup XIX Twin 30s on Tuesday, July 20. Bob Felmlee finished a distant second, followed across the stripe by Kevin Schaeffer, Rod George and Carl Bowser. Ed Lynch Jr. and Danny Holtgraver won National Guard Heat Races. Holtgraver picked up an extra $50 for the National Guard Heat Race Challenge.
Ti22 Performance DIRTcar 410 Sprint Car Feature (25 Laps)
1. (2L) Ed Lynch Jr., Apollo
2. (6F) Bob Felmlee, Seneca
3. (9) Kevin Schaeffer, Kittanning
4. (4) Rod George, Kittanning
5. (10) Carl Bowser, Sarver
6. (23JR) Jack Sodeman Jr., N. Jackson OH.
7. (D4) Danny Holtgraver, Pittsburgh
8. (08) Dan Kuriger, Freedom
9. (0) Andy McKisson, Strattanville
10. (24S) Brian Steinman, Lucinda
11. (16) Gary Rankin, Renfrew
12. (33) Brent Matus, Wampum
13. (51P) Doug Kekich, Sharon
14. (96) Lindsay Enscoe, Petrolia
15. (11) Scott Priester, Rimersburg
16. (21) Jack Whitmore, Brookfield OH.
17. (70X) Mike Bertolini, Creighton
18. (3) Pete Miller III, Port Vue
19. (13) Brandon Matus, Wampum
20. (B6) Bobbi Rankin, Renfrew
DNS: (40) Cory Good, Bairdford
National Guard Heat Race Winners: Lynch, Holtgraver