Hanover, PA — (August 16, 2013) –Jeff Rohrbaugh is back in command at Trail-Way Speedway.
The West York driver padded his points lead by claiming his fourth win of the year in Friday’s 25-lap “358” sprint car feature. The win also put him a leg up in the two-night Trail-Way/Lincoln “358” sprint car “Shootout” which concludes on Saturday night.
A redraw placed Rohrbaugh on the outside of the front row for the start. He drove around polesitter Seth Kearchner to take the lead at the flagstand, and he drove away from the rest of the field.
“We were fortunate to start up front,” said Rohrbaugh in victory lane, “We probably wouldn’t have passed anybody if we’d have started back there where Brad started.”
It was Rohrbaugh’s 28th career Trail-Way win, moving him to within three wins of Brad McClelland on the all-time win list.
“We’ve had one of the best year’s we’ve ever had as far as top five’s,” said Rohrbaugh, “I want to thank Shane (Smith) and Charlene. Without them, I wouldn’t be here. This is actually the car we raced here last year…I just sold it to them after I destroyed their stuff.”
There were two cautions before a lap was in the books. On the initial start, contact forced defending champ Tim Wagaman to the pits. A subsequent caution on the second start landed Isaac Sneeringer in the pits. After that, the only caution of the race was for Brad McClelland, who spun out in turn two of lap 12 and went to the pits.
Seth Kearchner ran second the entire way, until sixth-starting Cris Eash caught him lapped traffic on lap 24 and then Austin Hogue squeezed by on the final lap to finish third. Kearchner settled for fourth, with Jeff Halligan completing the top five in his first-ever appearance at the McSherrystown oval.
358 Sprint heats were won by Mike Bittinger and McClelland.
Travis Scott started on the pole and held off repeated challenges of outside front row starter David Holbrook for his first win of the year in the 600cc micro-sprint feature.
Like the sprint feature, the micros worked through two cautions before a lap was in the books, and then ran the rest of the way with only one caution. Scott’s final margin of victory was .50 seconds, with Travis Esh, Brad Weber, and Jim Young completing the top five.
Micro-sprint heats were won by Young and Holbrook.
Jacob Feltch scored his first career win in a caution-filled 20-lap Central PA Legends feature.
Feltch took the lead when Bill Diehl got crossed up in turns three and four of lap 16. Diehl dropped several spots, but was able to continue and finished fifth. Second through fourth were ninth-starting Scott Gobrecht, Bob Stough, and Chris Spidle.
Legend heats were won by Chris Transeau and Feltch.
Matt Chronister raced to his third straight win in the 15-lap limited stock feature. He started eighth and took the lead from brother Jason on lap eight. Chronister led the rest of the way to take the checkered 1.22 seconds ahead of Shane Miller. Third through fifth were Ryan Smith, Cory Weishaar, and Todd Miller.
Limited Stock heats were won by Ricky Weaver, Jr., Shane Miller, and Kenny Startzman, with Robert Wellman winning the consolation.
Trail-Way swings back into action next Friday night (8/23) in a 7:30 p.m. program which includes the 358 sprints, 358 late models, 270cc micro-sprints, and limited stocks .
For all the latest news and related information from Trail-Way, fans are reminded to visit the speedway website at www.trail-wayspeedway.com. The complete story and agate from each race night is posted shortly after the final checkered falls.
358 Sprint Cars
Feature (25 Laps)
1. 45-Jeff Rohrbaugh; 2. 17E-Cris Eash; 3. 52-Austin Hogue; 4. 30-Seth Kerchner; 5. 45H-Jeffrey Halligan; 6. 12-Mike Bittinger; 7. 5O-Brian Allman; 8. 55-Brian Eichelberger; 9. 10-Zach Eucalano; 10. 66A-Cody Fletcher; 11. 64-Randy Whisler; 12. 36-Jesse Deeds; 13. 16-Matt Campbell (DNF); 14. 6R-Brad McClelland (DNF); 15. 18-Matt Sowers (DNF); 16. 19Z-Issac Sneeringer (DNF); 17. 1*-Tim Wagaman (DNF). No Time
Lap Leaders – Jeff Rohrbaugh (1-25)
Heat 1 (10 Laps/All Qualify)
1. 12-Mike Bittinger; 2. 17E-Cris Eash; 3. 16-Natt Campbell; 4. 45-Jeff Rohrbaugh; 5. 52-Austin Hogue; 6. 19Z-Issac Sneeringer; 7. 10-Zach Eucalano; 8. 36-Jesse Deeds; 9. 18-Matt Sowers (DNF). No Time
Heat 2 (10 Laps/All Qualify)
1. 6R-Brad McClelland; 2. 5O-Brian Allman; 3. 30-Seth Kerchner; 4. 55-Brian Eichelberger; 5. 1*-Tim Wagaman; 6. 45H-Jeffrey Halligan; 7. 64-Randy Whisler; 8. 66A-Cody Fletcher. Time – 2:25.80
600cc Micro Sprints
Feature (20 Laps)
1. 07-Travis Scott; 2. 17D-David Holbrook; 3. 5E-Travis Eash; 4. 17-Bradley Weber; 5. 8-Jim Young; 6. 4C-Cheyenne Topper; 7. 14S-Bret Conrath; 8. 13-Bo Gordon, Jr.; 9. 84-Colton Laughman; 10. 14K-Hannah Riser; 11. 42X-Zach Topper; 12. 76-Broc Lawrence (DNF); 13. 2-Tyler Eash (DNF); 14. 1-Shawn Seifert (DNF). No Time
Leaders – Travis Scott (1-20)
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All Qualify)
1. 8-Jim Young; 2. 17-Bradly Weber; 3. 5E-Travis Eash; 4. 4C-Cheyenne Topper; 5. 14S-Bret Conrath; 6. 84-Colton Laughman; 7. 76-Broc Lawrence. Time – 2:03.30
Heat 2 (8 Laps/All Qualify)
1. 17D-David Holbrook; 2. 1-Shawn Seifert; 3. 07-Travis Scott; 4. 2-Tyler Eash; 5. 42-Zach Topper; 6. 13-Bo Gordon; 7. 14K-Hannah Riser (DNF). Time – 2:01.30
Central PA Legends
Feature (15 Laps)
1 13-Jacob Feltch; 2. 44-Scott Gobrecht; 3. .07-Robert Stough; 4. 09-Chris Spidle; 5. 53-Bill Diehl; 6. 5-Scott Houdeshell; 7. 85-Chad Earnst; 8. 18-Chris Transeau; 9. 1-Travis McClelland; 10. 20-Vernon Houseman; 11. 15-Lucas Montgomery; 12. 94-Greg Burd; 13. 27-John Lyter; 14. 38-Richard Miller; 15. 97-George Hanson; 16. 33-Chris Ward; 17. 93-David Miller; 18. 35-Keith Haring (DNF); 19. 521-Scott Deaner, Sr. (DNF); 20. 76-Randy Minich (DNF); 21. 94-Greg Burd (DNF); 22. 12M-Brent Marquis (DNF). No Time
Lap Leaders – Bill Diehl (1-15), Jacob Feltch (16-20)
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All Qualify)
1 18-Chris Transeau; 2. 38-Richard Miller; 3. 85-Chad Earnst; 4. 5-Scott Haudeshall; 5. 53-Bill Diehl; 6. 97-George Haudeshall; 7. 35-Keith Haring; 8. 521-Scott Deaner, Sr.; 9. 38-Richard Miller; 10. 32-James Buckingham; 11. 09-Chris Spidle. Time – 2:43.80
Heat 2 (8 Laps/All Qualify)
1 13-Jacob Feltch; 2. 44-Scott Gobrecht; 3. 07-Robert Stough; 4. 15-Lucas Montgomery; 5. 20-Vernon Houseman; 6. 94-Greg Burd; 7. 76-Randy Minich; 8. 1-Travis McClelland; 9. 12M-Brent Marquis; 10. 27-John Lyter; 11. 93-David Miller. Time – 2:43.41
Feature (15 Laps)
1 81-Matt Chronister; 2. 39-Shane Miller; 3. 59-Ryan Smith; 4. 37-Cory Weishaar; 5. 25-Todd Miller; 6. 01-Terry Hartlaub; 7. 51-Shannon Weaver; 8. 94-Kenny Startzman; 9. 9-John Shorb, Sr.; 10. 73-Wes Kellison; 11. 41-Robert Wellman; 12. 27-Donald Hopkins, Jr.; 13. 16-Julio Perez; 14. 55-Kory Shorb; 15. 69-Robbie Carroll; 16. 99-Cody Kinedinst; 17. 10-Aaron Levin; 18. 00-Keith Dorsey, II; 19. 52-Sam barge (DNF); 20. 1-Tom Senseney (DNF); 21. 38-Jason Chronister (DNF); 22. 21-Ricky Weaver, Jr. (DNF); 23. 86-Brian Walls (DNF); 24. 32-Jeff Foster (DNF). No Time
Lap Leaders – Jason Chronister (1-7), Matt Chronister (8-15)
Heat 1 (6 Laps/7 Qualify)
1. 21-Ricky Weaver; 2. 38-Jason Chronister; 3. 81-Matt Chronister; 4. 01-Terrance Hartlaub; 5. 59-Ryan Smith; 6. 73-Wes Kellison; 7. 69-Robbie Carroll; 8. 00-Keith Dorsey (DNF); DNS – 54-Tyler Gastly, 82-Wesley Miller. Time – 2:06.60
Heat 2 (6 Laps/7 Qualify)
1. 25-Todd Miller; 2. 39-Shane Miller; 3. 37-Cory Weishaar; 4. 1-Tom Senseney; 5. 9-John Shorb, Sr.; 6. 10-Aaron Levin; 7. 52-Sam Barge; 8. 77-Brian Blank, Jr. (DNF); DNS – 13-Rob Nicklow, 11-Michael Kolodiej, Jr. No Time
Heat 3 (6 Laps/7 Qualify)
1. 94-Kenny Startzman; 2. 32-Jeff Foster; 3. 86-Brian Walls; 4. 55-Kory Shorb; 5. 16-Julio Perez; 6. 51-Shannon Weaver; 7. 27-Donald Hopkins, Jr.; 8. 41-Robert Wellman; 9. 99-Cody Kinedinst. No Time
Consolation (6 Laps/3 Qualify)
1 41-Robert Wellman; 2. 00-Keith Dorsey; 3. 11-Michael Kolodiej, Jr.; 4. 99-Cody Kinedinst; 5. 77-Brian Blank, Jr.; DNS – 54-Tyler Gastly, 13-John Shorb, Jr., 82-Westly Miller. No Time