By Dick Jordan
The USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car Series makes its Montpelier (Ind.) Motor Speedway debut this Saturday and Chase Stockon is back atop the standings after winning last Saturday’s “Spring Showdown” at Tri-State Speedway in the city of his current residence: Haubstadt, Ind.
Stockon takes a 14-point lead over Thomas Meseraull into Saturday’s race. Meseraull finished ninth in the Haubstadt race, which was co-sanctioned by MSCS.
Meseraull led 10 laps of the Haubstadt race after passing C.J. Leary on lap two, but relinquished the lead on lap 12 to eventual winner Stockon. Trailing Stockon’s Superior Tank & Trailer/Crescent Electric Supply DRC/Fisher were Kyle Cummins, Carson Short, Chad Boespflug and Leary.
Bryan Clauson of Noblesville, Ind. won Friday night’s 30-lap race at Bloomington (Ind.) Speedway in his B & H Contractors/Cancer Treatment Centers of America Spike/Stanton Mopar. He started 11th and caught Brady Bacon on lap 19, then led the final 12 laps to beat Bacon, Meseraull, Stockon and Robert Ballou.
Clauson earned Friday’s KSE Racing Products/B & W Auto Mart “Hard Charger,” while Saturday’s award went to Robert Ballou. ProSource Fast Qualifiers were and Leary (Friday) and Cummins (Saturday).
UPCOMING USAC AMSOIL SPRINT CAR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
DATE: Saturday, April 23, 2016
SERIES: USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship
TRACK: Montpelier Motor Speedway (Montpelier, Indiana) – ¼-mile, semi-banked clay oval
EVENT: USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Cars, UMP Modifieds, Super Streets & Thunder Cars
STARTING TIMES: Gates Open: 3:00pm. Hot Laps: 5:00pm. Racing: 6:30pm.
TICKETS: General Admission: $20. Kids (12 and Under): Free with paid adult. Pit Pass: $30
TRACK ADDRESS: 700 S Jefferson St, Montpelier, IN 47359
TRACK PHONE: (765) 728-8210
TRACK WEBSITE: http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/
2016 USAC AMSOIL SPRINT CAR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DRIVER POINT STANDINGS (TOP-10)
- (407) Chase Stockon (Haubstadt, IN)
- (393) Thomas Meseraull (San Jose, CA)
- (378) Kyle Cummins (Princeton, IN)
- (368) Brady Bacon (Broken Arrow, OK)
- (351) Robert Ballou (Rocklin, CA)
- (339) Dave Darland (Lincoln, IN)
- (317) Justin Grant (Ione, CA)
- (307) C.J. Leary (Greenfield, IN)
- (306) Max McGhee (Camby, IN)
- (297) Chad Boespflug (Hanford, CA)
2016 USAC AMSOIL SPRINT CAR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OWNER POINT STANDINGS (TOP-10)
- (407) 32/TBI Racing #32
- (393) Amati Racing #66
- (378) Rock Steady Racing #3R
- (368) Dynamics, Inc. #69
- (351) Ballou Motorsports #1
- (339) Jeff Walker/Curb-Agajanian Racing #11
- (317) Baldwin Brothers Racing #5
- (306) Sam McGhee Motorsports #17
- (302) Michael Dutcher Motorsports #17GP
- (297) NineEight Motorsports/EZR #98E
ALL-TIME USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR FEATURE WINNERS AT MONTPELIER MOTOR SPEEDWAY
First ever series race at Montpelier Motor Speedway