Lima, OH — (July 3, 2015) —
The eve of Independence Day for America saw the return of racing to Limaland Motorsports Park following the wettest month in history during June. Full fields of race cars converged including the much anticipated Sprint car show on The Night Before the Bob Reynolds Memorial.
Twenty competitors came together for the start of the Firecracker Friday Sprint car feature. Although Michigan’s Caleb Griffith would proceed to make it his personal playground, the driver of the yellow #33M entry would have to earn the eventual triumph.
Griffith benefited from winning the pole starting position following his heat race success and he made the most of the preferred front row perch. A red flag condition following the opening lap was the only delay for Griffith as he led the field for the remaining 24 circuits of the 25 lap feature.
Griffith took his machine to the top of the dry and slick racing surface and went largely unchallenged for the first half of the event. At about the middle of the race, the leaders encountered lapped traffic and that’s when Griffith had to earn his $2,000 prize. He carved out a masterful driving effort by using every inch of the ¼-mile oval while at the same time holding off an equally spirited challenge from Gary Taylor.
“I must have not drunk enough water today as I haven’t felt the best since we got here today,” revealed Griffith on the front straight winner’s circle. “The lapped cars were tough tonight and Gary (Taylor) was hungry. Getting through traffic was real tough and at the same time Gary was closing on me. I sort of got lucky and just kept rolling.” It was Griffith’s first win of the season at the track and only his second all-time. The result qualifies him for the season ending Reineke King of the Quarter Mile races.
K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprints
Heat 1 – (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
- 23-Devon Dobie 2. 27-Brad Lamberson 3. 11-Tim Allison
- 2M-Dustin Daggett 5. 17-Jared Horstman 6. 31N-Rod Henning
- 11R-Chase Ridenour 8. 51-Jay Dumham
Heat 2 – (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
- 33M-Caleb Griffith 2. 28H-Hud Horton 3. 6S-Jr Stewart
- 12J-Tyler Moore 5. 15-Brandonj Ferguson 6. 7K-Kyle Pitts
- 8J-Jess Stiger 8. 49-Shawn Dancer
Heat 3 – (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
- 1ST-Gary Taylor 2. 6M-Max Stambaugh 3. 10X-Dustin Stroup
- 49T-Gregg Dalman 5. 35-Ron Blair 6. 87-Paul Dues
- 11N-Ed Neumeister 8. 5W-Jeff Williams
Heat 4 – (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
- B20-Butch Schroeder 2. 83-Kyle Sauder 3. 22R-Kevin Roberts
- 22H-Randy Hannagon 5. 10J-Jarrod Delong 6. 57-Mike Dunlap
- 12R-Nick Roberts
B-Main #1 – (10 Laps – Top 2 Transfer)
- 17-Jared Horstman 2. 15-Brandonj Ferguson 3. 31N-Rod Henning
- 49-Shawn Dancer 5. 7K-Kyle Pitts 6. 11R-Chase Ridenour
- 8J-Jess Stiger 8. 51-Jay Dumham
B-Main #2 – (10 Laps – Top 2 Transfer)
- 35-Ron Blair 2. 10J-Jarrod Delong 3. 12R-Nick Roberts
- 87-Paul Dues 5. 5W-Jeff Williams 6. 11N-Ed Neumeister
- 57-Mike Dunlap
A-Main – (25 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
- 33M-Caleb Griffith 2. 1ST-Gary Taylor 3. 6M-Max Stambaugh
- B20-Butch Schroeder 5. 11-Tim Allison 6. 6S-Jr Stewart
- 83-Kyle Sauder 8. 2M-Dustin Daggett 9. 17-Jared Horstman
- 28H-Hud Horton 11. 10X-Dustin Stroup
- 22H-Randy Hannagon 13. 49T-Gregg Dalman
- 27-Brad Lamberson 15. 15-Brandonj Ferguson
- 22R-Kevin Roberts 17. 23-Devon Dobie 18. 10J-Jarrod Delong
- 35-Ron Blair 20. 12J-Tyler Moore