By Brian Liskai
In the 410 sprint main, Brandon Martin would grab the early lead over Sheldon Haudenschild, Chaney and Mark Keegan. While Martin worked the low line, Chaney would drive around Haudenschild into second on lap 2 and around Martin into the lead on lap four. Martin would continue to hound Chaney as Mark Keegan, Haudenschild, fifth-starter Craig Mintz, Dale Blaney and Chris Andrews followed. Keegan would challenge Martin for second as they followed in Chaney’s tire tracks.
Just as the leaders were set to hit lapped traffic, the caution would fly for a Duane Zablocki spin. On the restart, Chaney would fly up top with Martin still hugging the bottom with Mintz blasting around Keegan into third. On lap 14, Mintz would drive to Martin’s outside to grab second and was right on the rear bumper of Chaney. Martin was finding a rhythm on the bottom and soon it was a three car battle for the lead.
Martin would regain the second spot on lap 19 with Mintz, Blaney, Keegan, Bryan Sebetto, Dean Jacobs, Phil Gressman, Haudenschild and Byron Reed following. Martin would drive under Chaney to lead the 21st lap, but Chaney would drive back by for the top spot as the caution would fly on lap 22. On the restart, with a clean track in front of him, Chaney would drive away while Margin now had his hands full with Mintz and Blaney. Blaney would take third on lap 23 and steal second on lap 26, but he could not catch Chaney. Following Chaney to the checkered were Blaney, Mintz, Martin and Keegan.
“We’ve just been working really good together. Bryan kind of puts his input in but he basically lets me do what I think and it’s working real good right now. When I was pushing up for the feature I was thinkin’ I’ve won a lot of races at different places but there’s no where harder to win than this race track,” said Chaney of his eighth career Attica victory.
As it was a Kistler Racing Products Fremont Attica Sprint Title (FAST) Championship Series event, Keegan’s finish would eat into point leader Reed’s huge point lead ever so slightly as Reed would come home eighth.
Attica Raceway Park will be back in action Friday, Aug. 6 with the FAST 410 sprints, UMP late models and Fremont Fence 305 Sprints. It will be a full card of racing as the remainder of the July 23 late model feature and the entire July 23 305 sprint feature that were rained out will also be contested.
For more information log onto www.atticaracewaypark.com
Attica Raceway Park – 7/30/2010
410 Sprints (31 Cars)
Heat 1 – Ultra Schield Race Products (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
1. 2+-Brian Smith; 2. 97-Dean Jacobs; 3. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 4. 91-Aaron Middaugh; 5. 60-Jody Keegan; 6. 78L-Kirk Jeffries; 7. 11N-Ed Neumeister; 8. 70-Steven Lines
Heat 2 – Bell Racing (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
1. 2-Dale Blaney; 2. 5R-Byron Reed; 3. 45C-Rob Chaney; 4. 3J-Kevin Lee; 5. 22-Cole Duncan; 6. 45L-Brian Lay; 7. 5M-Jamie Miller; 8. 27-Scott Euler
Heat 3 – Friendship Food Stores (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
1. 11M-Brandon Martin; 2. 16-Bryan Sebetto; 3. 53-Phil Gressman; 4. 1X-Matt Linder; 5. 5T-Travis Philo; 6. 40-Mark Imler; 7. 39-Alex Martin; 8. 98-Bruce Robenalt
Heat 4 – Tin Lizzy Collision (8 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
1. X-Mark Keegan; 2. 15C-Chris Andrews; 3. 20X-Craig Mintz; 4. 9Z-Duane Zablocki; 5. 1R-Chad Blonde; 6. 14H-Todd Heller; 7. 28-Shawn Valenti
B-Main – Computer Man Inc. (10 Laps – Top 4 Transfer)
1. 22-Cole Duncan; 2. 1R-Chad Blonde; 3. 45L-Brian Lay; 4. 14H-Todd Heller; 5. 78L-Kirk Jeffries; 6. 28-Shawn Valenti; 7. 39-Alex Martin; 8. 40-Mark Imler; 9. 98-Bruce Robenalt; 10. 27-Scott Euler; 11. 5M-Jamie Miller; 12. 5T-Travis Philo; 13. 11N-Ed Neumeister; 14. 60-Jody Keegan
A-Main – (30 Laps) [#]-Starting Position
1. 45C-Rob Chaney; 2. 2-Dale Blaney; 3. 20X-Craig Mintz; 4. 11M-Brandon Martin; 5. X-Mark Keegan; 6. 97-Dean Jacobs; 7. 16-Bryan Sebetto; 8. 5R-Byron Reed; 9. 53-Phil Gressman; 10. 15C-Chris Andrews; 11. 14H-Todd Heller; 12. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 13. 2+-Brian Smith; 14. 1X-Matt Linder; 15. 1R-Chad Blonde; 16. 91-Aaron Middaugh; 17. 9Z-Duane Zablocki; 18. 45L-Brian Lay; 19. 3J-Kevin Lee; 20. 22-Cole Duncan
Hard Charger: 14H-Todd Heller[+9]
©2010 – Results Provided by: Computer Man Inc. Fremont, OH