By Brian Liskai
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania’s Danny Holtgraver would lead all 30 laps of the University of Northwestern Ohio All Star Circuit of Champions feature to score the victory. It was the third UNOH All Star win of the year for Holtgraver and the third overall career win at Attica for the driver of the Rob Hunter Racing #10h. Holtgraver has seven total wins in 2014.
“I didn’t want to see the lapped cars with five to go. I caught them pretty quick and I thought I might be able to get around them but they were just as fast. I was struggling there. I knew Caleb (Griffith) would be there. Clean air definitely helped tonight…I was able to get out front and go,” said Holtgraver beside his Seneca Energy Corp. /Berlin Natural Bakery/Bonnell’s Rod Shop/DKW Transport backed machine.
“I can’t thank Rob Hunter enough for giving me this opportunity. And my dad, Earl, Josh, Pup…everyone that helps out. It’s a lot of fun and hopefully we can turn things around here at the end of the season and get some good runs,” added Holtgraver.
“Anyone that knows me knows I’m not real comfortable on the cushion and I wasn’t really beating it down. There was enough there to keep up my momentum. I knew I could run the bottom…luckily I was good enough to get it done. We were fast out of the box tonight and that’s where we’ve been struggling at the beginning of the night. So hopefully if we can come out tomorrow like this…it makes your night a lot easier,” concluded Holtgraver.
After a fantastic battle with Rob Chaney and Byron Reed, Attica’s 2014 track champion Caleb Griffith would take the second spot.
“We were pretty good night. I saw Big Dan (Holtgraver’s dad) come out on the red and he changed his line so I thought I could switch my line around and it looked okay for awhile and I thought we were going to get to him. But then he legged it out a little and when he got stuck in traffic Rob (Chaney) got to us and raced us hard. Bringing home second is a good effort,” said Griffith beside his Al Davis Carpet/McDonald’s/JLH General Contractor/Shelluke’s Bar/Crown Battery/B&L Plumbing/Griff’s Engines/Bethesda Care Center/Erlin Trader/Ballville EZ Shop backed machine.
Byron Reed, who scored his first win of the season last Saturday at Attica, would storm from his 11th starting spot for a third place finish.
“This isn’t generally the type of track I do well on so it feels good to run well on this. I think if I would have found the top in one and two sooner I could have gotten up there to run with them. But, once I got back up there I started catching them again. I happy with how we did,” said Reed beside his Crown Battery/Kistler Engines/ProShocks backed #5.
In the 30-lap UNOH All Star feature, Rob Chaney and Holtgraver would bring the field to green. But, before a lap could be completed Lee Jacobs would spin in turn two, collecting Caleb Armstrong. On the ensuing restart, Holtgraver would drive into the lead over Chaney, Duane Zablocki, Caleb Griffith, Cap Henry, Sheldon Haudenschild, Chris Andrews and Byron Reed.
Griffith would drive into third on lap two and battled with Chaney for the runner-up spot. Holtgraver would blast away on the high line as Griffith took second on lap four. The race would grind to a halt on lap seven when Jody Keegan tipped over in turn three. The restart order was Holtgraver, Griffith, Chaney, Zablocki, Reed, Sheldon Haudenschild, Henry, Andrews, Jac Haudenschild (up from 16th) and Dale Blaney (up from 18th).
Holtgraver got a tremendous restart but Griffith stayed within striking distance as Chaney and Reed battle for third. Brian Lay would spin in turn four on lap 10 for another caution. A lap later and Stuart Brubaker spun for the race’s final caution.
The restart with 19 laps to go had Holtgraver over Griffith, Chaney, Reed, Sheldon Haudenschild, Zablocki, Henry and Jac Haudenschild. As Holtgraver held his line to maintain the lead when the green reappeared, Griffith, Chaney, Reed and Sheldon Haudenschild waged a darn good battle. Reed would take third on lap 14 only to see Chaney regain the spot a circuit later.
Holtgraver could not shake Griffith as Chaney and Reed continued their war for third with Sheldon Haudenschild, Zablocki, Henry and Blaney in tow. Holtgraver finally caught the back of the pack with five laps remaining and had to move his high line to the bottom and Griffith closed. Reed would use the traffic to finally take third on lap 27.
Holtgraver would navigate through the traffic to take the win over Griffith, Reed, Chaney and Zablocki.
Attica Raceway Park – 8/29/2014
UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions 410 Sprints (30 Cars)
Qualifying – Kistler Engines
1. 81-Lee Jacobs, 12.651; 2. 10H-Danny Holtgraver, 12.663; 3. 9X-Rob Chaney, 12.681; 4. 60K-Jody Keegan, 12.719; 5. 9Z-Duane Zablocki, 12.766; 6. 55F-Taylor Ferns, 12.779; 7. 53-Cap Henry, 12.857; 8. 16-Chris Andrews, 12.883; 9. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild, 12.884; 10. 22-Cole Duncan, 12.943; 11. 35-Stuart Brubaker, 12.950; 12. 40DD-Caleb Griffith, 12.950; 13. 5R-Byron Reed, 12.968; 14. 4-Danny Smith, 13.002; 15. 24H-Brandon Wimmer, 13.033; 16. 7C-Caleb Armstrong, 13.048; 17. 98H-Dave Blaney , 13.056; 18. 9W-Jac Haudenschild, 13.059; 19. 6M-Max Stambaugh, 13.148; 20. 14K-Dale Blaney , 13.183; 21. 91-Cale Thomas, 13.197; 22. 11X-Brandon Martin , 13.205; 23. 11N-Randy Hannagan, 13.220; 24. 45L-Brian Lay, 13.220; 25. 1ST-Gary Taylor, 13.236; 26. 9-Dean Jacobs, 13.340; 27. 33M-Beau Stewart, 13.372; 28. 45-Tim Shaffer, 13.512; 29. 7-Troy Kingan, 13.817; 30. 40I-Mark Imler, 14.028
Heat 1 – Kear’s Speed Shop (10 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 5R-Byron Reed ; 2. 1ST-Gary Taylor ; 3. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 4. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 5. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 6. 7-Troy Kingan ; 7. 91-Cale Thomas ; 8. 98H-Dave Blaney 
Heat 2 – All Pro Aluminum Heads (10 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 4-Danny Smith ; 2. 11X-Brandon Martin  ; 3. 10H-Danny Holtgraver ; 4. 9W-Jac Haudenschild ; 5. 9-Dean Jacobs ; 6. 22-Cole Duncan ; 7. 55F-Taylor Ferns ; 8. 40I-Mark Imler
Heat 3 – Dragon Racing Fuels (10 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 11N-Randy Hannagan ; 2. 53-Cap Henry ; 3. 24H-Brandon Wimmer ; 4. 6M-Max Stambaugh ; 5. 9X-Rob Chaney ; 6. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 7. 33M-Beau Stewart
Heat 4 – Kinsler Fuel Injection (10 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 14K-Dale Blaney  ; 2. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 3. 45L-Brian Lay ; 4. 16-Chris Andrews ; 5. 40DD-Caleb Griffith ; 6. 45-Tim Shaffer ; 7. 60K-Jody Keegan
Dash – Jake’s Custom Golf Carts (6 Laps, finishing order determined first 6 starting positions of A-feature
1. 9X-Rob Chaney ; 2. 10H-Danny Holtgraver ; 3. 53-Cap Henry ; 4. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 5. 16-Chris Andrews ; 6. 9Z-Duane Zablocki
B-Main – MSD Ignitions (12 Laps – Top 4 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 45-Tim Shaffer ; 2. 22-Cole Duncan ; 3. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 4. 60K-Jody Keegan ; 5. 33M-Beau Stewart ; 6. 55F-Taylor Ferns ; 7. 40I-Mark Imler ; 8. 7-Troy Kingan
UNOH A-Main – (30 Laps)
1. 10H-Danny Holtgraver; 2. 40DD-Caleb Griffith; 3. 5R-Byron Reed; 4. 9X-Rob Chaney; 5. 9Z-Duane Zablocki; 6. 53-Cap Henry; 7. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 8. 16-Chris Andrews; 9. 9W-Jac Haudenschild; 10. 14K-Dale Blaney ; 11. 24H-Brandon Wimmer; 12. 6M-Max Stambaugh; 13. 11X-Brandon Martin ; 14. 9-Dean Jacobs; 15. 11N-Randy Hannagan; 16. 1ST-Gary Taylor; 17. 35-Stuart Brubaker; 18. 7C-Caleb Armstrong; 19. 81-Lee Jacobs; 20. 22-Cole Duncan; 21. 45-Tim Shaffer; 22. 45L-Brian Lay; 23. 60K-Jody Keegan; 24. 4-Danny Smith
Hard Charger: 9-Dean Jacobs[+9]
©2014 – Results Provided by: Computer Man Inc. Fremont, OH