From C Whalin
The Top Gun Sprints made their third visit of 2010 to Volusia Speedway Park on Saturday September 18, 2010. There were 22 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Shane Kreidler in the 13H car had the pole for the start of the first heat race. Shane took the lead on the start and led all 8 laps for the win. The 1 of Tim George had the pole for the start of the second heat race with Tony Agin in the 38 car on the outside. It was the 38 that made the better start and took the race lead and led from start to finish taking the heat win. Bruce Durden in the 17D car had the pole for the start of the third and final heat race, but it was Shawn Murray in the 22 coming from outside pole to the lead and took the heat win.
The 24 of Danny Martin had the pole for the start of the feature race event, with the 13H of Shane Kreidler alongside. After a parade lap, the race went to green and it was Danny Martin in the 24 car that took the lead. The first caution of the night came on lap 17 when the 30X car driven by DJ Peeples stopped with mechanical problems and was took to infield. The race got back to green with the 24 of Danny Martin out front and never looked backed and took the checkered flag, followed by Shawn Murray in the 22 car, A.J. Maddox in the 81 car, Bruce Durden in the 17D car, and Ryan Partin in the 14 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you next race at East Bay Raceway on October 9th.
Top Gun Sprints
Volusia Speedway Park, September 18, 2010
1) 13H Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL)
2) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
3) 83B Bob Auld (Largo, FL)
4) 11D Ashlyn Durden (Jacksonville, FL)
5) 47W Kyle Welchance (Sebring, FL)
6) 99 Dan Jones (Valrico, FL) DNS
1) 38 Tony Agin (Fort Myers, FL)
2) 24 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
3) 1 Tim George (Veince, FL)
4) 17 Mark Chicca (Port Orange, FL)
5) 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL) DNS
6) 71 Steve Stone (Orlando, FL) DNS
1) 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
2) 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
3) 81 A.J. Maddox (Seffner, FL)
4) 15 Rocky Sullivan (Plant City, FL)
5) 30 DJ Peeples (Wesley Chapel, FL)
6) 17D Bruce Durden (Jacksonville, FL)
1) 24 Danny Martin; 2) 22 Shawn Murray; 3) 81 A.J. Maddox; 4) 17D Bruce Durden; 5) 14 Ryan Partin; 6) 1 Tim George; 7) 13H Shane Kreidler; 8) 99 Dan Jones; 9) 15 Rocky Sullivan; 10) 47W Kyle Welchace; 11) 11D Ashlyn Durden; 12) 30X DJ Peeples; 13) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 14) 17 Mark Chicca; 15) 83B Bob Auld;
The 99 of Dan Jones, 02 of Gene Lasker, 71 of Steve Stone did not take the start of the feature race.