The Top Gun Sprints made their second visit of 2011 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday September 17, 2011. There were 21 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Gene Lasker in the 02 car had the pole with Brandon Grubaugh in the 9 on the outside for the start of the SIMPSON heat race. On the start Gene and Brandon sled together and Gene came to a stop on the back stretch. That put Scott Adema in the 67 on the pole and Gene had to start in the rear. The winner of first heat was Brandon Grubaugh. The 41 of Stephen Darvalics had the pole for the ROD END SUPPLY heat race, with Danny Martin in the 24 car on the outside. It was the 24 that made the better start and took the second heat win. Darren Orth in the 34 car had the pole with A.J. Maddox in the 3A for the start of the WELD RACING heat race. After all the passing it was Robbie Smith in the 6S that took the lead and the heat win.
The 4C of Tyler Godwin had the pole for the start of the K&N feature race event, with the 42 of Tim Grabaugh alongside. After a parade lap, the race went to green and it was Tyler Godwin in the 4C car that took the lead. Then 83 tangled with another car and the 83 was done with damage. On the next complete restart Gene Lasker flipped in turn four fence brought out the red. On the next restart had 3 cars spin in turn 1 after the clean up the next complete restart was a single file start. After a caution restart it was Tyler Godwin out front till lap 14 he went high in turn 1 and flipped brought out the red. On the restart it was Danny Martin out front and never looked backed and took the checkered flag, followed by Matt Kurtz in the 92 car, Robbie Smith in the 6S car, A J Maddox in the 3A car and Stephen Darvalics in the 41 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Bubba Raceway Park September 24, 2011. Congratulation goes out to AJ Maddox for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award. Congratulation also goes to Danny Martin for winning the BARFEILD Clean Sweep Award of $100 (that’s winning the heat race and feature).
Top Gun Sprints
Bubba Raceway Park, September 17, 2011
Simpson Heat #1
1) 9 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
2) 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL)
3) 42 Tim Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
4) 1* Tim George (Venice, FL)
5) 14W Dan Jones (Valrico, FL)
6) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
7) 67 Scott Adema (Ft. Myers, FL)
Rod End Supply Heat #2
1) 24 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
2) 41 Stephen Darvalics (Venice, FL)
3) 4C Tyler Godwin (Tampa, FL)
4) 0 Jimmy Ballew Jr. (Riverview, FL)
5) 98 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
6) 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
7) 43 Terry Witherspoon (Jacksonville, FL)
Weld Racing Heat #3
1) 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
2) 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
3) 34 Darren Orth (Jacksonville, FL)
4) 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
5) 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
6) 47W Kyle Welchance (Sebring, FL)
7) 3A A J Maddox (Brandon, FL)
1) 24 Danny Martin; 2) 92 Matt Kurtz; 3) 6S Robbie Smith; 4) 3A A.J. Maddox; 5) 41 Stephen Darvalics; 6) 1* Tim George; 7) 14 Ryan Partin; 8) 98 Shawn Murray; 9) 42 Tim Grubaugh; 10) 0 Jimmy Ballew Jr.; 11) 38 Tony Agin; 12) 43 Terry Witherspoon; 13) 67 Scott Adema; 14) 8 Rich Alexander; 15) 4C Tyler Godwin; 16) 34 Darren Orth; 17) 9 Brandon Grubaugh; 18) 47 Kyle Welchance; 19) 14W Dan Jones; 20) 02 Gene Lasker; 21) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.