From Top Gun
The Top Gun Sprints made their first visit of 2012 to North Florida Speedway on Saturday August 25, 2012. There were 17 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Scott Anderson in the 47 car had the pole with Tyler Godwin in the 38T on the outside for the start of the BLISTEIN heat race. Tyler took the lead on the start and the win. The 3A of AJ Maddox had the pole for the BROWN MILLER heat race, with Tim Grubaugh in the 5 car on the outside. On the start AJ took the lead and never looked back and took the win. Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 car had the pole with Danny Martin in the 82 for the start of the DMI heat race. On the start Mark and Danny got together and Danny was finished for the heat. That moved Ryan Partin to front row, on the restart Ryan took the lead and the heat win.
The 6S of Robbie Smith had the pole for the start of the ELLIOTT’S TRAILERS & CARTS feature race event, with the 14 of Ryan Partin alongside. On the start Robbie took the lead till lap 24 when he went high on the front stretch and Tyler Godwin went low around a lap car. When the dust settled it was Tyler out front in the lead and took the checkered flag, followed by Robbie Smith in the 6S car, Danny Martin in the 82 car, Matt Kurtz in the 92 car and Collin Cabre in the 12 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at East Bay Raceway for the September 1, 2012 race. Congratulation goes to Tyler Godwin for sweeping the heat and feature to win the BARFIELD clean sweep. Congratulations go out to Danny Martin for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award.
Top Gun Sprints
North Florida Speedway, August 25, 2012
Blistein Heat #1
1) 38T Tyler Godwin (Tampa, FL)
2) 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
3) 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
4) 12 Colin Cabre (Thonotosassa, FL)
5) G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
6) 47 Scott Anderson (Callahan , FL)
Brown Miller Heat #2
1) 3A A.J. Maddox (Brandon, FL)
2) 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL)
3) 5 Tim Grubaugh (Anthony, FL)
4) 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
5) 0L Brandon Lineberger (Ocala, FL)
6) 0X Phillip Pettay (Glen St. Mary, FL)DNF
DMI Heat #3
1) 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
2) 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
3) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
4) 9 J.R. Steele (Jacksonville, FL)
5) 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)DNF
Elliott’s Trailers & Carts Feature
1)38T Tyler Godwin; 2) 6S Robbie Smith; 3) 82 Danny Martin; 4) 92 Matt Kurtz; 5) 12 Collin Cabre; 6) 3A AJ Maddox; 7) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 8) 14 Ryan Partin; 9) 22 Shawn Murray; 10) 02 Gene Lasker; 11) 38 Tony Agin; 12) 5 Tim Grubaugh; 13) 47 Scott Alexander; 14) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 15) 0L Brandon Lineberger; 16) 9 JR Steele; 17) 0X Phillp Pettay