Indianapolis, IN — (February 3, 2015) — An exciting new era for the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champion Sprint Car Series – the nation’s original traveling sprint car series – will kick off with five races over eight days in sunny FLORIDA beginning Thursday, Feb. 5 at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Fla.
The new All Stars will embark under the leadership of series owner Tony Stewart, who has energized “America’s Series” – its fans, race teams and tracks. Stewart, the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion and former IndyCar and USAC triple-crown champion, will be very visible during the UNOH All Star events in Florida.
The All Stars – with a new attitude – will kick off the season at the Bubba Army Winter Nationals with three $5,000-to-win events – Thursday, Feb. 5, Friday, Feb. 6 and Saturday, Feb. 7. The UNOH All Stars then travel a short distance to Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville, Florida to be part of the DIRTcar Nationals. The All Stars will compete Wednesday, Feb. 11 and Thursday, Feb. 12.
Due to the recent change in ownership of the UNOH All Stars, the events in Florida, while sanctioned by the series, will not count toward the 2015 national point championship. However, tow money will be distributed according to 2014 point standings (competitor bulletin posted at www.AllStarSprint.com).
Five-time and defending All Star champion Dale Blaney will lead a strong contingent of All Star drivers. Expected to compete is four-time series champion Chad Kemenah; Danny Holtgraver, new comer Ryan Smith, 2014 national 410 winged sprint car rookie of the year Aaron Reutzel, Cale Thomas, Jac and Sheldon Haudenschild, two-time series champion Greg Wilson and four-time All Star champion Tim Shaffer.
The UNOH All Star events in Florida also draw many of the World of Outlaw teams like 20-time champion Steve Kinser. Look for “The Madman” Kerry Madsen, Craig Dollansky, Joey Saldana and more to compete.
Adding to the excitement will be several drivers from the PA Posse and various regional series.
Advance tickets and event information about the Fourth Annual Bubba Army Winter Nationals can be found at www.bubbaracewaypark.com. For those unable to be at Ocala, the races at Bubba Raceway Park will be streamed via online pay-per-view at www.xsan.tv.
Tickets to the DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia Speedway Park are on sale now at www.DIRTcarNationals.com. The Volusia events will also be broadcast by DIRTVision on the award winning www.DIRTVision.com.
Fans can follow the UNOH All Stars Circuit of Champions on Twitter, @ASCoC, and join the conversation using the hashtag #TheNewAllstars. Like us on Facebook and post your favorite All Star pictures on Instagram. The series official website remains www.AllStarSprint.com.
UNOH All Star Circuit of Champion Events
Bubba Raceway Park – Feb. 5-7
Volusia Speedway Park – Feb. 11-12
Bubba Raceway Park (Ocala, FL)
(schedules subject to change)
· Wednesday, February 4th: Sprint car open practice, 6-9 p.m.
· Thursday, February 5th: $5,000-to-win show; pit gates open at noon; hot laps 7 p.m.
· Friday, February 6th: $5,000-to-win show; pit gates open at noon; hot laps 7 p.m.
· Saturday, February 7th: $5,000-to-win show; pit gates open at noon; hot laps 7 p.m.
Volusia Speedway Park (Barberville, FL)
(schedules subject to change)
· Tuesday, February 10th: open practice; pit gates open at noon; practice 7:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, February 11th: $5,000-to-win show; pit gates open at 10 a.m.; drivers’ meeting, 5:15 p.m.; hot laps 6 p.m.
· Thursday, February 12th: $5,000-to-win show; pit gates open at 10 a.m.; drivers’ meeting, 5:15 p.m.; hot laps 6 p.m.
News and Notes: Bubba Raceway Park & Volusia Speedway Park (February 2015)
· All events will be officially sanctioned, but will not count towards the 2015 National Points Fund
· All events will follow the 2014 All Star Circuit of Champions rules book with the following amendment and recommendation:
Hoosier H-R15 RR tire has been approved for use.
· Tethers and torsion stops are strongly recommended
· Refer to the World of Outlaws bulletin for 2015 rule changes specific to the World of Outlaws if staying for those events.
· All 2014 members in good standing will receive 2 free pit passes per event
· Tow money will be distributed as follows:
o $300 for positions 1-5 (based on 2014 final National points fund standings)
o $200 for positions 6-8 (based on 2014 final National points fund standings)
o $150 for positions 9-10 (based on 2014 final National points fund standings)
o 2014 National Champion receives extra $200 tow money for tow paying races
o One tow money/past champion’s payment for multiple shows at same venue; must attend all shows to be eligible to receive tow money
o Tow money will be paid at the track following the final event at each venue
o Top 10 positions will reset on a weekly basis during the 2015 season (more information to be provided on this after the Florida events)
Additional information on the 2015 schedule, memberships and sanction agreements will be provided after the Floridaevents
All owners/drivers are encouraged to email applicable contact information (name, address, cell number, email address) to email@example.com
*Tow money eligible drivers for Florida events are 1. Dale Blaney; 2. Jac Haudenschild; 3. Danny Holtgraver; 4. Tim Shaffer; 5. Lee Jacobs; 6. Chad Kemenah; 7. Andrew Palker; 8. Caleb Helms; 9. Sheldon Haudenschild; 10. Cole Duncan