nschof National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum Top Story
 From Bob Bakernschof National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum Top Story
KNOXVILLE, IOWA (August 2, 2016) – Following successful displays honoring sprint car champions Tony Stewart (2011), Jeff Gordon (’12), Mario Andretti (’13), Steve Kinser (’14) and Doug Wolfgang (’15), the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum is pleased to have its 2016 special exhibition featured at this year’s Cox Design Southern Iowa SprintWeek, including the 5-Hour ENERGY Knoxville Nationals, presented by Casey’s General Stores.  The non-profit musuem’s special exhibition is entitled “Celebrating National Sprint Car Hall of Fame Inductees at Indy” and features four historic Indy Cars, all built and driven by NSCHoF inductees.  2016 marked the 100th running of the prestigious Indianapolis 500, once the ultimate career goal of most professional sprint car drivers in this country.
The four vintage Indy Cars on display are as follows:
Car:                             Chapman Special #27
Builder:                       Myron Stevens
Engine:                        Offenhauser
Driver(s):                     Bill Schindler (1952)
Original Owner:          H.A. Chapman
Current Owner:           Thomas E. Malloy Foundation
Car:                             D-A Lubricants #7
Builder:                       Frank Kurtis
Engine:                        Offenhauser
Driver(s):                     Johnny Thomson (1958), Duane “Pappy” Carter, Sr. (1959)
Original Owner:          Racing Associates
Current Owner:           Bob Sirna
Car:                             Bowes Seal Fast #5
Builder:                       Frank Kurtis/Quin Epperly
Engine:                        Offenhauser
Driver(s):                     E.W. “Jud” Larson (1959), A.J. Foyt, Jr. (1960)
Original Owner:          George Bignotti-Bowes Racing
Current Owner:           Phil Reilly
Car:                             Racing Associates #39
Builder:                       A.J. Watson
Engine:                        Offenhauser
Driver(s):                     Johnny Rutherford (1964), Bobby Grim (1966)
Original Owner:          Racing Associates
Current Owner:           Bob McConnell
Said museum curator Tom Schmeh today, “We are so pleased to offer another first-time-ever display in our museum this year, as we’ve never had such historic and valuable inductee-driven, open-wheel machines together at one time in the past.  I have to thank 27-year museum volunteer Larry Janicsek for his incredible help with this exhibition, as well as the four current car owners: Tom Malloy, Bob Sirna, Phil Reilly and Bob McConnell.  These individuals truly believe in preserving open-wheel racing history and in sharing their incredible collections with the general public. Words cannot truly express our sincere gratitude to all of these very generous people.”


Those seeking additional information can visit the museum’s web site at www.sprintcarhof.com.