On the first night of a two night show for the Lane Automotive Michigan Traditional Sprints “Northern Nationals”, Joe Bares of Traverse City took the early lead of the 25 lap feature event with Mike Galajda of Fenton in hot pursuit. On lap 15 Galajda finally found a way past Bares to take over the point. Two laps later, Bares was caught up in an incident with Kyle Simon of Covington, OH sending several drivers to the back and into the pits with damage. In the closing laps, Galajda would hold off Gregg Dalman of Grand Ledge to carry the checkers for the second time in 2010. Finishing in third behind Dalman was Joey Irwin of Davison followed by Jake Stebbner and Tim Evilsizer of Jackson.
Dash Gregg Dalman
Heat 1 Jake Stebner , Heat 2 Mike Galajda, Heat 3 Chuck Wilson
B- Main Mark Irwin
1. Mike Galajda, 2. Gregg Dalman 3. Joey Irwin 4. Jake Stebner 5. Tim Evilsizer 6. John Lowe 7. Jerry Whitney 8. Chuck Wilson
9. Ryan Davis 10. Brian Smith 11. Joe Bares 12. Tim Lowe 13. Curtis Edney 14. Kyle Simon 15. Steve Irwin 16. Mike Astrauskas
17. Gary Hayward 18. Mark Irwin 19. Keith Love 20. Mark Strpko
Merritt Speedway – Round 2 Saturday August 14th
In round 2 action of the Lane Automotive Michigan Traditional Sprint Series on Saturday, pole sitter, Jake Stebbner took the lead with Brian Smith quickly disposing of Tim Lowe to move into second place. Stebbner ran a tight line working early lapped traffic and drove on to carry the checkers. Brian Smith would hold on to finish second while hard charger, Steve Irwin of Fenton drove through the field from 15th to finish a strong 3rd. Rounding out the top 5 was Joe Bares of Traverse City in 4th followed by Joey Irwin of Davison.
Dash Jake Stebner
Heat 1 Chuck Wilson , Heat 2 Ernie Kuehneman , Heat 3 Steve Irwin
Qualifying Bonus Winner Chuck Wilson
1. Jake Stebner 2. Brian Smith 3. Steve Irwin 4. Joe Bares 5. Joey Irwin 6. Ernie Kuehneman 7. Tim Evilsizer 8. John Lowe
9. Tim Lowe 10. Keith Love 11. Mark Irwin 12. Gary Hayward 13. Mark Strpko 14. Chad Wilson 15. Chuck Wilson 16. Don Bostrom
17. Jay Steinebach 18. David Okerman