DAYTONA BEACH, FL (Feb. 18, 2012) – Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates signed 19-year-old Kyle Larson to its roster as a developmental driver. The Elk Grove, Calif. native took the racing world by storm in 2011 – his first season competing on the national racing scene. Larson captured 22 major professional feature wins, including victories in the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series (WoO), all three United States Auto Club (USAC) National Divisions and the American Sprint Car Series (ASCS).
Larson gained international notoriety last fall by sweeping the 4-Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway – winning in Midgets, Sprint Cars and Silver Crown cars in the same night. He was subsequently nominated for the 2011 SPEED TV Performer of the Year Award against some formidable competition – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart, Formula One champ Sebastian Vettel; MotoGP star Casey Stoner; Supercross/Motocross star Ryan Villopoto and his new Ganassi teammates IZOD IndyCar Series champion Dario Franchitti and GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series champion Scott Pruett.
In addition to his role as an Earnhardt Ganassi Racing development driver, Larson, who is Japanese American, will also participate in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity program in 2012 for Rev Racing in the NASCAR East Series. Fans can stay up-to-date on his schedule and results by following Larson and the team on Twitter at @EGRTeams and @KyleLarsonRacin and on Facebook at Kyle Larson Racing.
Kyle Larson Highlights:
• Won 2012 Pete Orr Memorial at New Smyrna Speedway in his first race in a Super Late Model Stock Car on asphalt
• In 2011, competed in over 90 races, and won in six different types of race cars – Midget, Pavement Midget, Wing Sprint, Non Wing Sprint, 360 Wing Sprint and Silver Crown
• 22 total A-main victories in 2011
• In 2011, became the first driver to win a WoO race and score victories in all three USAC division in the same season
• 2011 Belleville Midget Nationals Winner
• 2011 WoO Sprint Car Series Gold Cup Winner
• Finished third in the 2012 Chili Bowl among 260 entrants
• Earned four USAC National Midget Victories in 2011
• Won two USAC National Sprint Car events in 2011
• Earned two USAC Silver Crown Victories in 2011
• 2010 Golden State Challenge 410 Sprint Car Champion
• 2010 Tulsa Shootout Winner